Advantages of Owning Your Own Hair Clippers
Letting yourself or another unskilled person loose on your hair with a pair of scissors can yield disastrous results as I’m sure many people have found out. However, using hair clippers to cut a short hairstyle requires very little skill. It is simply a case of setting to the desired length with an attachment or on-clipper setting, and ensuring the clippers are run over the area which requires clipping. Very little at all can go wrong beyond cutting outside of an area you wish to cut. But, if you are confident enough to want to have a go at cutting your own hair, or having someone else cut your own hair, or, others wish to entrust you in cutting their hair short, why not invest in a set of hair clippers?
Being a hair stylist may well be a skilled job, but, many people have haircuts which are so simplistic and short they have often found themselves thinking if only they had their own set of clippers they could probably do their own hair.
There are numerous advantages to owning your own hair clippers:
– If you cut your hair regularly, you can make brilliant savings by owning your own hair clippers. In fact, the more regularly you cut your hair, the more money you save.
– You get to look your best more often. Let’s face it, most people wait and wait and wait before getting a haircut by which time it has usually almost completely lost its freshness and style and you just don’t feel that ‘fresh haircut confidence’ anymore. However, with the convenience of having your own hair clippers you can pick them up and shave your head fresh again within minutes any time you choose which means you can look your best more often, leaving you feeling great and confident more often.
– Having your own hair clippers is highly convenient in that you do not have to travel to your stylist, wait in queues, and then travel back home to change clothes and shower to get rid of the loose hairs. Plus, how many times have you forgotten to get haircut at a time when you really needed one yet it was too late because all shops were shut. Rather than having to look and feel messy and less than confident in your appearance on certain occasions, you can use the clippers yourself and look your best within minutes.
– With your own hair clippers you really can experiment on yourself with different looks at slightly longer settings, in your own time, in the comfort and privacy of your own home, until you get used to your hair clippers. For instance, how many times have you been to your barbers or hairdressers to ask for a certain style only to not be able to explain it in words or to ‘chicken out’ at the last minute and ask for these same old haircut you normally have? With hair clippers you can experiment as much as you want at longer lengths, and if you foul up, you simply set it on to a slightly shorter setting and erase all of your mistakes and you can see for yourself without any shame or embarrassment precisely the styles you have always wanted to try and whether they suit you or not without anything being final. (At a barbers or hairdressers, it isn’t like you can have them cut your hair only for you to say ‘sorry, I don’t like it, do you think you cut it shorter like I normally have it?’ – you will likely be charged double, at the very least, and annoy them and those waiting for their own haircut after you.)
– It creates confidence. You may not have any such ambitions to become a trained and qualified stylist, however, everybody has at some point in their lives experienced the joy and thrill of taking on a task themselves and doing a job well. Being able to cut your own hair with clippers and do a good job of it not only makes you more self-sufficient but is fun, empowering, and highly satisfying putting you in a great mood where you are ready and willing to take on other challenges in your life. Hey – never underestimate the power of a haircut, especially one which you have done yourself!