A timeless timepiece is one of the few items a man holds close to his heart. Have you ever wondered why? Because it tells time and second it comments on his personal style.
If your man is obsessed with watches, giving him a wristwatch on his birthday or as an anniversary present sounds like the perfect gifting option. And, when you’ve already decided on that we know what’s stopping you. The diverse range of styles, designs, materials and technology makes it hard to decide!
We’ve pulled together a list of the best watches for men. You’re sure to find a perfect match for your man in this list that includes elegant leather units, luxury brands, modern classics, chunky sport watches, casual slim pieces and high-tech devices. Take a look.
Recommendations for the Best Watches for Men
- Luxury watches: Luxury watches stand out for their excellent workmanship and superior function, but they are expensive. They are available in plastic as well as metals such as titanium and stainless steel. They have integrated alarms, calendars and timers. They are also waterproof. Breitling is a well-known luxury brand.
- Classic watches: A classic watch is recognized for its simplistic, timeless designs. Classic units make a good investment option too as their value increases over time. The Swiss brand Patek Phillip exhibits an impressive lineup of classic units.
- Sports watches: The two features to look for in a sport’s watch are functionality and appeal. It should tell time accurately; it should also be shockproof and water resistant. Casio’s G-Shock and Omega Seamaster are popular in this category.
Tips to Select Watches for Men
- Your man’s personal style is the best guideline to help you choose. Design and style are also important if your man has an eye for fashion. Men whose lives revolve around technology would prefer a timepiece with advanced features, sleek designs and a futuristic look while others who love the classics would appreciate legacy watches featuring vintage designs and the conventional leather bands.
- A question you need to ask yourself when shopping for men’s watches is does he change his wristwatch according to his outfit – a conservative style for work and a flashier one to go with casual clothing? If he does so, you can buy a watch based on the different occasions he wears his timepiece. Otherwise, you can opt for a universal design; one that will suit different occasions and outfits.
- Measure his wrist size. Large dials with a chunky design doesn’t look good on a slim wrist and vice versa. The wrist size will help you make the best choice.
- Consider its build quality and durability. These features are particularly important on a unit that will be worn daily and subjected to rugged use.
- Set your budget. You can get a quality timepiece without breaking the bank. Decent quality units start at £100. Compare and contrast different units to get the best value for your money.
Use these tips to buy a watch that suits his lifestyle, complements his personal style and fits your pocket; take our word he’ll wear it for decades to come.